Your home is the center of your universe and the safe space you create for yourself. The comfort of your bedroom determines the mood you wake up with and go to bed with. A goodnight’s sleep is an underrated factor in your physical and mental well-being. Your surroundings have a profound effect on both and everything you use in your home becomes a part of your life.
Here are a few ways to make a bedroom comfortable while keeping it stylish.
- Warm lighting – when you are going to bed, you should have soft lighting in the room as opposed to bright lights. It is a known fact that the reason We feel sleepy at night is due to lack of light. This is also where when you go to a hotel the lighting during turndown Service. GO for warm lighting using lampshades on your bedside tables.
- Mattress – Invest in a comfortable mattress to ensure your body gets proper rest. Comfortable is a relative term and figure out what works best for you. For people who have back issues, it is recommended you use a hard mattress along with a hard pillow.
- Bedsheets and duvet cover – Use bedsheets of good quality to ensure you are not inviting rashes and skin irritation. Look for cotton bedsheets online with a higher thread count. Cotton bed sheets are the best bet in any weather. Duvet covers and bed sheets are the ones that come in contact with your body. Try to get materials that can breathe to keep your body cool in hot weather.
- Get beds according to the space – If you live in a compact apartment then think of getting a sofa cum bed or a futon. If you cannot fit a double bed in the guest room, then get a single bed. Get an attractive single bedsheet to brighten up the room. You could also get a side table which can be used for other purposes too. If you have a lot of space and have high ceilings, then you can aim for a four-poster bed too! If it is a kids’ bedroom, then go for a bunk bed with a joined study table or storage units.
- Footstool or a reading chair – Keep some seating in your bedroom when you want to sit down but don’t want to spoil your bed. It is also a great place to spend time reading in case your partner wants to go to bed and you don’t want to disturb them!
- Reading lamps – Bedside lamps are good and efficient but better than that are reading lamps. You get slim and adjustable LED lamps that can be moved around and directed at your book. These give you a more focused light and avoid any strain on your eyes. At the same time, they also don’t disturb the person sleeping next to you.
- Blackout curtains – There may be times when you want to take a nap during the day. Get blackout curtains so that the light streaming in does not disturb you at all. You can sleep peacefully during the day. If you are not a fan of dark colours, then get both sheer curtains and drapes.
These finer things can make a big impact on your bedroom and create a calming atmosphere.