Located in the heart of South Kolkata, Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management (CIEM) is a private engineering college established in 2013. Affiliated with Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), CIEM is also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and NAAC. The college boasts of providing a friendly environment to the students with good infrastructure. It offers various fields of research and technology, including computer science, civil engineering, electrical, electronics, and communication engineering. Management courses are also available.
Admission criteria for various courses:
|BTech||Candidates must pass 12th with 45% and compulsory subjects like English, Biology, Chemistry, and Computer Application from recognized institutes. Qualifying Exam: WBJEE/ JEE Main|
|BBA||Candidates must pass 12th from a recognized institute.|
|BCA||Candidates must pass 12th along with compulsory subjects like Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Application from a recognized institute.|
|MBA||Candidates must have a graduation degree from a recognized institute. Qualifying Exams: JEMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ CAT|
About the application process:
- Candidates can apply online for the application form and submit the required amount for application fees.
- For some courses, the admission is merit-based.
- For some courses, the candidate must appear in an entrance exam.
- During the counseling process, 90% of seats are occupied through ranks obtained in WBJEE and 10% are occupied based on ranks secured in JEE Main.
List of facilities available on the CIEM campus:
- Central Library.
- Computer lab- fully Wi-Fi enabled.
- Language Laboratory.
- Sports facilities and regularly organized sports events.
- Various clubs are dedicated to activities like drama, dance, debate, etc.
- Student Activity Centre.
It is the annual fest of CIEM. A very popular event organized for the students to celebrate their talents, skills and other extracurriculars. Famous celebrities are invited to the fest and become a part of it while students compete in several intra and inter-college events. Several workshops for robotics, management, etc. take place in the institute.
Faculty CIEM focuses on academic and administrative disciplines to improve education, learning, governance, delivery methods, and related concerns in accordance with the national viewpoint of technological education. Students at CIEM have the freedom to pursue their dreams thanks to excellent teachers and learning facilities that extend beyond the classroom. The Institute offers a one-of-a-kind setting for learning and implementing new initiatives, as well as networking with peers and faculty mentors. Faculty members are motivated and pleasant professors and mentors that provide enough hands-on expertise with industry experience and project-based learning to help students achieve their goals.
Fee structure for different courses:
|Courses||Fee structure (Total fees)|
|B.Tech. (Lateral)||2,74,500 Rs.|
CAREER GUIDANCE AND PLACEMENT
- A team of skilled professionals is responsible for conducting all the placement-related activities on campus. These activities are pertinent to preparing the students for employability by making them familiar with the whole interview process. The Placement office is responsible for bringing in recruiters for on-campus placements opportunities and providing the students with facilities like pre-placement talks, interview rooms, video conferencing halls, etc.
- Career guidance and training are given to all the students from the second year of college to make them self-reliant and teach them necessary skills like communication, logic, and analytical skills to perform well in aptitude tests, group discussions, and interviews.
- More than 90 recruiters visit the campus every year including TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini, BYJU’s, Alight solutions, CloudKaptan, EQ technologic, QualityKiosk, BMW industries, Deloitte, etc.
- The highest annual CTC offered in the last academic year is INR 20 LPA.
- The average annual CTC offered is 3.2 LPA.
A list of Top Universities in Kolkata is provided here. We attempt to provide the most up-to-date information, assisting you in finding the finest universities in Kolkata by providing tuition fees, accreditation details, videos, images, a location map, and community reviews and ratings.
- Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
- Adamas University, Kolkata.
- University of Engineering and Management, Kolkata.
- Amity University, Kolkata.
- Aliah University, Kolkata.
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management (CIEM), Kolkata.
- Brainware University, Kolkata.
- JIS University, Kolkata